Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Egg Disaster

So a fellow blogger I follow from "A Bird and a Bean" gave me the courage to post this disaster, as her results were somewhat similar to mine. I saw this idea from pinterest of these adorable deviled egg chicks, and thought "this shouldn't be too hard." I am pretty handy in the kitchen and love to try new things (especially during the holidays). So here is a picture of what they were supposed to look like:


Adorable right? Perfectly peeled, no cracks....


Turns out I was waaaaay out of my league in the attempt to make these. Never again. I didn't even end up bringing them for Easter dinner at my parent's house. Too much of a disappointment. My husband was thrilled because he got to enjoy them! Although they looked hideous, he says they tasted wonderful. Thanks hunny...you always have my back. :-)  This is the way mine turned out:




Scary...they look more like bald ninjas without a nose. A for effort right Bird and a Bean?


9 comments:

  1. Awwww. They are cute in a scarry kind of way, maybe halloween ghost eggs:) Just kidding with you, love that you posted them! We as mommies are on a learning adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- i'm sure they were delicious! You should dye the eggs green, and they'd make great ninja turtles! this is what all of my diy attempts look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay thanks for the support girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from the Blog Hop. Would love it if you checked out my blog and followed back.

    I saw those on Pinterest and thought about making them. After my fiasco last Easter with those silly Surprise Easter Egg Treats I decided against it. lol I accept there are just some things I am not goof at. Fancy baking is one. : )

    Have a great night!
    Julie from Stlavonlady Beauty Tips and Tricks, Savings & More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you stopped by! I love your "bald ninjas"!!! LOL!!! We've all been there...trust me, I have a million failed projects, but it makes for a great story and picture :-)

    Happy to follow you back and your great sense of humor.

    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    P.S. I used to teach 3rd grade so I always appreciate a fellow bloggin' teacher :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Yours are hilarious too! haha. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I inspired you to share your pinterest fail! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that u posted about this! lol
    I saw that ppl were doing this...I didn't attempt! I have a few pinterest fails I should post :) thanks for following. happy to follow back!
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha!!! I tried making the "tie dyed" deviled eggs and they were much worse than yours, I promise!! They looked SO bad that no one even ate them. LOL I'll leave the deviled egg-making to my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! Bald ninjas...
    I made scary monster eyeballs for a Halloween party one time...yeah they looked pretty gross, I had to eat one about every 5 minutes to show people they were really deviled eggs and were good. I probably ate about a dozens worth by the end of the night.

    Newest follower! Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    stop by if you like http://fifiybr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete