Tuesday, April 24, 2012

FCAT testing is over!

So it's been a while since I've posted, but I have an excuse. Not only did I survive my first week back from maternity leave, but I was welcomed back with having to administer the beloved FCAT! For those of you from Florida, I'm sure you've heard of it. For others, it's the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test...let's just say it's a HUGE stress-filled end of the year cumulative assessment that pretty much determines everyone's future (kids and teachers). We prepare for it all year long, and now that it's over, we can breath! I feel sorry that so much rides on one test. I could see the fear in their eyes as they entered my classroom for testing...fingers crossed they did well! Stand by for a real post :-)

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure they did great, glad the stress is over for you and them! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by earlier and leaving me a super sweet note! I'm excited to be your newest follower!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the assessment tests at school and how they practically bribed kids to show up on those days. They had snacks and drinks at the ready too. Schools do take that seriously. Glad it's over for you and you can breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter is in the middle of her assessment testing---she's a pretty good test taker so not too much stress. ToDAY is the last day !!
    Glad you made it through--what a way to come back =D

    Poping in and following with vB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read the children's book, "Testing Ms. Malarkey?" It's a hilarious book about all this testing nonsense :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't but I think I know what I should read at the next faculty meeting :-) thanks!

      Delete